JLL Shanghai office - Leading by example
Want to be successful? Make people your top priority
JLL moved its Shanghai office to HKRI Taikoo Hui in 2017. Following its commitment to providing its employees with a better, happier and more productive environment where they thrive and feel valued, the firm engaged its people as primary stakeholders in the project.
Their opinions were gathered about how they perceived their future office, spread in an area of 4,600 sqm.
Innovation was the key
Environmental sustainability emerged as the top priority, which needed to be addressed with a holistic approach. We implemented several measures targeting water and energy efficiency. Recycling was another concern, and so was the stress on using natural resources.
Considering all recommendations, we implemented several measures for environment safety and people wellness. The result? The new workspace meets all requirements of a green building, besides ensuring employees’ wellbeing.
Some of the features include:
- Internal staircase encouraging employees for physical activity by avoiding elevators
- Gym with a coach and a shower-room, and regular fitness training classes
- Biophilia walls (vertical wall gardens) for a soothing and calming effect on the mind
- Ergonomic furniture, 30% desks are height adjustable
- Acoustic panels to reduce background noises
- Optimum use of natural light, visual acuity support, glare control and balanced brightness
- Air scour and indoor air quality monitoring, carbon dioxide sensors
Exemplary “future of work”
The office proudly stands as the 1st WELL v1 Platinum certified project in Asia Pacific while scoring highest in LEED-CI v4 Platinum globally. How it impacted our people? The employee satisfaction rate was recorded at 84%, and the sickness rate was reduced by 20% (source from IWBI). What’s more? We successfully set the new benchmark for “Future of Work”.